Have you received your Booster yet?
No, I’m not talking about the vaccine booster shot. This Booster is a new cocktail created by the famous chef of Swigs Anthony Laborin of the restaurant Farmhouse at Roger’s Gardens. The Booster blends passion fruit, lemon, orange clove, tincture and salty gin, and is the third iteration of the restaurant’s popular pandemic-inspired sips. The vaccine was introduced in spring 2020 and the second dose in summer 2021.
In addition to creative cocktails, Farmhouse has added new seasonal menu items courtesy of owner and executive chef Rich Mead.
These new entrees include spaghetti squash and braised green enchiladas, grilled Dijon soy-rubbed pork tenderloin, pomegranate-glazed salmon salad, and panko, Dijon, herb-crusted Icelandic cod.
New sides include Roasted Spaghetti Squash and 3 Cheese Gratin and Brussels Sprouts and Cipollini Onions.
And with the weather turning chilly (sooner or later), you can enjoy farmhouse cooking in the comfort of the farmhouse’s covered, heated al fresco dining room adorned with holiday decor including a beautiful Christmas tree. Christmas.
You can also give back this holiday season by ordering the Swig for Selflessness. Available Monday through Sunday, every Farmhouse “Swig” sold supports a local charity with 50% of all sales donated. Every week, the Farmhouse’s talented cocktail specialists concoct a new, innovative cocktail.
Learn more about the seasonal rate that I can’t wait to try:
- Autonomy Farms Chicken Liver Pâté ($18) with marinated mousemelons and red onions, homemade seasonal jam and Rye Goods Co. toast.
- Pomegranate-glazed salmon salad ($29) with pink lady apples, roasted butternut squash, mixed lettuce, dragon fruit vinaigrette, fennel-radish salad, candied pecans.
- Panko, Dijon, Herb-Crusted Icelandic Cod ($35) with Broccoli, Cipollini Onions, Spinach and Roasted Butternut Squash, Rye and Sonora Grain from the Tehachapi Heritage Grain Project, Apple-Grape-Pomegranate Coleslaw, Chocolate Glaze apple cider molasses.
- Grilled Dijon Soy-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin ($31) with Braised Red Cabbage, Apple Sauce and Raisins, Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Apple Jack Brandy Sauce.
- Spaghetti Squash and Braised Green Enchiladas ($27) with Cauliflower Bechamel, Braised Greens, Caramelized Potatoes and Onions, Heritage Grain Project Tehachapi Blue Corn Tortillas, Guajillo Sauce, White Cheddar Cheese, Spicy Cauliflower Rice with chorizo, Brussels sprouts, roasted carrots and cipollini onions, cherry tomato avocado relish.
The farm is open daily from 11:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Visit www.farmhouseerg.com.