IHG® Hotels & Resorts, one of the world’s leading hotel companies, is proud to announce the continued growth of two of its popular global brands – Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn Express – following a wave of signings and openings at airports across Europe.
(Ms.) Willemijn Geels, Vice President of Development, Europe, IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “We are delighted to continue to grow our Holiday Inn family of brands across Europe. These recent signings and openings at key airports in the market are a perfect demonstration of the popularity of these brands with owners and guests. “
“For our owners and investors, our Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express brands have shown real resilience in these difficult times – accounting for more than half of all new IHG Hotels & Resorts signings in 2020 and 60% of new openings. despite the challenges of Covid. -19. We understand that from our customers’ perspective, these trusted brands deliver a cohesive, reliable and warm experience that has become the definition of True Hospitality.
An overview of the recent growth of IHG Hotels & Resorts in airports:
- Spain: Holiday Inn Express Madrid Airport was signed in partnership with Bartila and should open by the end of 2023, with 156 rooms, a restaurant-bar and an outdoor swimming pool. In Seville, the signing recently Holiday Inn Express Seville Airport will open in 2023. A project in partnership with Cayman Group, this hotel will offer 146 rooms.
- Italy: The 224 rooms Holiday Inn Express Rome – Airport will open in 2023 thanks to a franchise agreement with Caltagirone Group and Borealis Hotel Group. Located in the Parco Leonardo shopping and business center, the hotel offers easy access to Rome’s Fiumicino International Airport and is just 25 minutes drive from the heart of the Italian capital.
Turkey: IHG has partnered with Asal Grup Otomotiv İnşaat Ticaret A.Ş. for Holiday Inn Express Ankara Airport
scheduled to open in 2022. The 122-room property is IHG’s first Holiday Inn Express in Ankara and ideally located for the capital’s international airport.
- France: Located on the Côte d’Azur, Holiday Inn Express Nice – Grands Arènes opened in partnership with HPVA. Less than five minutes by tram from Nice Côte d’Azur airport and just 10 minutes from the city center, the hotel is part of a two-brand establishment alongside the Crowne Plaza Nice – Grand Arenas.
- Ireland: Holiday Inn Dublin Airport recently opened in the Irish capital in partnership with the owner group JMK. The newly built hotel has 421 rooms and is located just 10 minutes from Dublin Airport terminals and a short distance from the Guinness Store House and the city’s Old Jameson Distillery.
With 282 hotels open (46,301 rooms) across Europe and 24 more properties in development, Holiday Inn is the world’s most recognized hotel brand and prides itself on bringing people together for important moments, striving to to be the flagship global leader in consumer travel that defends meaningful connections for all. Holiday Inn was recently voted the most trusted travel brand by US consumers in a Morning Consult poll.
Holiday Inn Express was established in 1991 to challenge travel industry conventions by believing in the power of smart and simple travel. The brand is aimed at smart, discerning travelers who are on the move and who are two steps ahead. The brand has 282 open hotels (36,538 rooms) across Europe and 31 more properties are under development.
Globally, the Holiday Inn family of brands has 4,266 open hotels, totaling more than half a million rooms, with nearly 1,000 more properties in development.
All figures as of June 30, 2021.
IHG Hotels and Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hotel company, whose aim is to provide genuine hospitality for the good.
With a family of 17 hotel brands and IHG Rewards, one of the largest hotel loyalty programs in the world, IHG has more than 6,000 hotels open in more than 100 countries, with 1,800 more in development.
- Luxury and lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco Hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essential: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, passionate hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 350,000 people work in IHG hotels and offices around the world.